Ponga Log /Manuka / Bamboo Poles
How to build a free standing Ponga Fence
1. Dug a small trench on the line of the new fence 300mm to 500mm deep
2. Set the Ponga logs into the ground top up leaving no gap between the logs.
3. Fill in the trench around the logs compacting it as you go to keep the logs upright and straight.
4. If you want you can trim the top of the fence to the desired height.
5. Water the ponga thoroughly every few days for at least six weeks. In a sheltered shady environment the fence will quickly become self sufficient for water. In drier or more exposed areas the ponga may require special care for the first six months.